Welcome to Harrogate & Ripon Beekeepers Association
We are a registered Charity whose objective is to promote and further the craft of beekeeping.
We try to achieve this by:
- Actively seeking to recruit, educate and improve the beekeeping skills of newcomers to beekeeping
- Promoting beekeeping at many flower, craft and country shows in and around Harrogate
- Running regular courses of different lengths for people wishing to take up or sample beekeeping
- Running other courses, for example on microscopy and candle making, for beekeepers
- Maintaining a library of beekeeping books and videos with over 450 titles
- Providing a readily available supply of quality beekeeping equipment at some of the lowest prices around
- Providing a varied educational and social programme of events throughout the year
- Publishing a highly regarded quarterly journal "The Apiarist"
Originally founded in 1921, the Association has enjoyed considerable success in recent years. Our membership has doubled in the last ten years and we are the only beekeeping Association affiliated to the BBKA that has increased its membership every year over that period
We hope that you will enjoy your visit to our site.
07 Jan: Practical Demonstration of Oxalic Acid Treatment to Control Varroa
A demonstration of how to best apply oxalic acid to hives
09 Apr: Springtime Live
HRBKA will have a stand at the 2017 Springtime Live show at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
20 Apr - 23 Apr: Spring Flower Show
HRBKA will have a stand at the 2017 Spring Flower Show in Harrogate
11 Jul - 13 Jul: Great Yorkshire Show
HRBKA will have a stand at the 2017 Great Yorkshire Show in Harrogate
23 Jan: Beekeeping Long Course for Beginners
A three term course, meeting once per week on Monday evenings. Includes both theoretical lectures and practical bee-handling and is suitable for complete beginners or for those wishing to brush up their beekeeping skills.
Donate to HRBKA
One of our aims as a charity is to promote knowledge about beekeeping. We do this through a number of means including having educational stands at a number of shows throughout the year, regular beekeeping demonstrations at several locations, running courses and putting on events for schools.
You can help us to continue our work by becoming a member of the association or by making a donation using the PayPal button below.