Subscribe: RSS
  • Members of HRBKA are needed to take part in demonstrations of beekeeping at Fountains Abbey every Sunday from the beginning of May through to the end of August. These take the form of a short talk about beekeeping followed, weather permitting, by a practical demonstration with live bees.

Each session starts at 2pm and requires one beekeeper with a minimum of two years experience to lead the demonstration and another to assist. The assistant can be a complete beginner - even those who are currently taking the beginners' course are welcome and it can be a great way to learn from an experienced beekeeper.

The demonstrations are very popular with visitors to Fountains Abbey and the feedback has always been very positive.

Although May is still some time off, I need to start putting together a rota now so that I can be sure of filling all of the slots.

If you can spare some time to take part in these demonstrations, please contact me either by emailing me at the address on http://hrbka.org.uk/contact.html or by sending a private message with the following information:

• What Sundays between 4th May and 31st August (inclusive) you are potentially available for. (Please list all to make it easier for me to accommodate everyone in the rota)
    • How many demonstrations you are prepared to take part in. (I promise not to put you down for more slots than this!)
    • Whether you are happy to be the lead demonstrator, the assistant, or either

Best regards
    Ed Jannoo [ed. note: edjannoo last edited this post 3 years, 7 months ago.]
    • Please note that we will not be doing a demonstration at Fountains Abbey on Sunday 6th July due to the Tour de France - with the road closures it could be difficult for demonstrators to get to Fountains Abbey on that day.